Busy Bahrs

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Quick and Easy Meal

Chicken Pot Pie

This is a classic in our home. I make this on nights when I need something comforting, but don't want to spend hours in the kitchen.

2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into chunks)
2-10.5 oz. cans cream mushroom soup (or whatever "cream of" soup you have in your cupboard)
3 cups frozen vegetables (thawed)
6 frozen biscuits (cook according to package)

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Heat medium-sized saute pan on medium heat. Spray pan or add 2 T olive oil to pan.
3. Brown chicken in pan. (5-10 minutes).
4. Meanwhile, add soup and vegetables to large bowl.
5. Add cooked chicken to soup mixture.
6. Pour into 9x9 baking dish and bake in oven for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
7. Top with cooked biscuits and serve.

Yields 4 servings

I like to sprinkle either season salt or paprika on top of biscuits before cooking them. I also like to serve this meal with a nice green salad and either cranberry sauce or applesauce.

No comments: